Keeping Mold Out of Your Office Building
Whether you live and work in a humid climate, or just in a space that tends to be humid, such as those in older buildings, you or your staff may be experiencing problems from mold and/or mildew or dust mites. Limited ventilation in places such as basement office spaces, or small kitchens/break areas and bathrooms, can cause moisture to build up, even in the driest of climates. It will only take 24-48 hours for a mold colony to begin growing once the airborne spores discover an environment they find attractive.
Using a dehumidifier is one of the best ways you can protect your business from a mold growth invasion. Using a dehumidifier will:
- Reduce humidity levels, making your building less inviting to allergens, particularly mold spores.
- Reduce the possibility that mold will develop on furniture, clothing, and other materials.
- Help to reduce the unpleasant odors that accompany mold and mildew.
- Allow you to breathe easier by reducing irritation to your skin and respiratory system.
- Reduce dust, so you won’t be cleaning and dusting as much.
- Provides a less humid environment for your office and staff, keeping electronics and tools free from rust and corrosion.
- Lower energy costs, helping your HVAC to run more efficiently. When the air in the home is humid, the A/C must work doubly hard by cooling the air AND removing the moisture. Your unit will wear out sooner under that stress.
- Run quietly and efficiently in the background of daily life. You won’t even notice them.
Another way to protect your commercial investment is to have routine cleaning done in all areas where water is prevalent, and keeping these areas dry daily will be helpful here, as well.
The team of SERVPRO of Aurora is always available to help with your clean up issues in your home or office. Fire damage, water damage, and mold prevention are just some of our areas of expertise.