Fire Safety For Kids
Here at SERVPRO of Lockport, Lemont, Homer Glen we care about the safety of your family. By sharing this information from the American Red Cross, we hope to shed some light on something we see too often, house fires.
A home fire is a devastating event, and one that you never count on happening. Your children are most at risk when this disaster occurs. Unfortunately, many home fires are started by children playing with dangerous household items – especially lighters and matches. Taking sensible precautions in the home and teaching your child how to escape from a fire can help your family avoid this type of heartbreak.
Prevent Your Child from Starting Fires
The U.S. Fire Administration estimates that $280 million in property is destroyed each year as the result of children playing with fire.
- Keep matches, lighters and other ignitable substances in a secured location out of your child’s reach. Only use lighters with child-resistant features.
- Invest in flameless candles. These candles contain a light bulb rather than an open flame, and take the danger out of your child knocking over a candle.
Fire Safety information from redcross.org