School Fire Safety Begins with Education
According to the National Fire Prevention Association, U.S. fire departments respond to approximately 5,690 fires at education buildings each year. That is why it is very important to stress fire safety education in our schools. Listed below are some important school safety tips to incorporate in your schools:
- Conduct expected and unexpected monthly school fire drills having everyone participate.
- Inspect exists regularly to ensure stairways, doors and windows are unblocked and working properly.
- Train students on how to respond to a fire alarm during a school fire drill.
- Know locations of the fire protection system, such as fire alarm pull stations.
- Make sure every room is equipped with a map showing 2 exits.
- Assign special need students with an adult or other student for extra assistance.
- Have a predetermined location for students to meet once they exit the building and practice during a fire drill.
- Have a roster to make sure every student is accounted for.
Let's keep our children well educated and safe, in the event that a fire should occur remember that SERVPRO of Aurora, Illinois is there 24/7 to help with all your fire restoration needs. Call 630-862-3930.