Biohazard Cleanup Services
Recognized as a leading fire and water cleanup restoration provider by hundreds of insurance companies nationwide, SERVPRO of Aurora, Illinois professionals offer fast, reliable biohazard cleanup and restoration services to residential and commercials properties.
Exposure to biological and chemical contaminants can have serious health issues for building occupants, employees, customers and owners. Our professionals are trained to safely, effectively and discreetly remove biohazardous substances and prepare it for proper disposal according to OSHA, EPA and state and local health regulations. Our services include:
- Bloodborne Pathogens
- Crime Scene and Suicides
- Infectious Diseases
- Urine and Feces
- Rodent Droppings
- Extensive Hoarding
- Sewage Backup
SERVPRO of Aurora, Illinois can help turn unsafe environments into clean, safe properties and make a difficult or personal situation easier to handle. We are here for you in your time of need. Call 630-862-3930.
A Leaky Roof?
Finding a leak in your roof can be very difficult. Unfortunately you may not be aware of the leak until it has caused major damage to your home. This is why it is important to investigate and take care of any signs that a show up:
- Discolored spots on the ceiling or walls.
- Peeling paint or rotting wood around skylights.
- Finding shingles that have come off.
- Damaged or cracked flashing on your roof.
- Water dripping from the ceiling after a hard rain or heavy snow has melted.
- Formations of ice dams.
- Musty smell in your attic.
Remember to always put safety first when checking for a leaky roof or use a professional roofing service or general contractor to help you.
Also, remember to call your insurance agent to see if your roof leak is covered by your insurance company. Insurance companies may have stipulations on the cause of the roof damage and it may not be covered.
If a leak should occur, remember that SERVPRO of Aurora, Illinois is there for you 24/7 to help with all your water restoration needs and to answer any questions you may have. Call 630-862-3920.
Does Homeowners Insurance Cover Mold Removal?
Don't be caught off guard after you already have a mold problem. Coverage varies from policy to policy, so read your policy carefully and if your have any questions, call your insurance agent. Some policies contain exclusions, stating they do not cover mold removal and others cover mold removal under certain circumstances. They may also cover the removal but not the testing itself.
If you think you might have a mold problem, call SERVPRO of Aurora, Illinois at 630-862-3930. A professional trained in mold remediation will examine the structure for any visible signs of mold. If mold is found, you will be asked to approve and sign a work authorization form prior to any mold cleanup or related work being performed. The technician may also recommend you leave the affected area while the mold cleanup and associated containment process is being safely completed.
If a visual inspection does not reveal mold and you feel that you may still have a mold issue, we can recommend an Indoor Air Quality/Environmental Professional with specialized equipment to access the situation.
"Remember, no mold is good mold!"
After the Storm?
This Spring and Summer has been quite a wet and stormy one and with that comes weather related injuries and fatalities. This is why it is important to educate both you and your family about post-storm safety.
Immediately after a storm where there was heavy rain, strong damaging winds, and lightening consider the following:
- Do not let children play near storm drains. Every year children are sucked into storm drains and carried away.
- Do not touch metal objects outside, there may be power lines down on the object which energizes the object. This could be a fence, guard rail, or baseball stop.
- Do not touch or pick up any wires that you see either laying on the ground or hanging low. They may be energized or could become energized at any time.
- Do not walk in flooded basements if your power is still connected. You could become electrocuted should water make contact with an electrical source.
- If your home is out of electrical power, use extra caution when using candles for light.
- Be careful using a gas powered generator which could cause Carbon Monoxide poisoning if not vented properly.
Please remember to keep you and your family safe and remember that SERVPRO of Aurora, Illinois is always available to help you with your restoration needs. 630-862-3930.
Warning Signs of Faulty Wiring or Electrical Systems
Electrical failure or malfunctions account for an estimated 34,000 home fires, on average, per year and result in roughly 440 deaths and $1.3 billion in direct property damage according to the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA). This threat is higher in older homes built before the 1950's due to lower electrical wiring standards, however; even newer homes are at risk. Older homes were built to handle 30 amps of power, but most newer homes demand 100 to 200 amps. Listed below are some of the warning signs that may indicate an electrical problem in your home:
- Flickering or dimming lights.
- Switches or outlets that are hot to touch and/or give off a strong burnt rubber odor.
- Discolored cords, outlets and switch plates.
- Repeatedly blown fuses and tripped circuit breakers.
If you have any any of these, contact a licensed electrician immediately to examine and repair any electrical problems and if the need for fire restoration is required, we are there to make it "Like it never even happened." SERVPRO of Aurora, Illinois, 630-862-3930.
Community Warming & Cooling Centers
It seems as though the Summer of 2018 has been quite a hot one so far and it is extremelyimportant to understand heat emergencies.
Heat Advisory - issued within 12 hours of the onset of the following conditions: heat index of at least 105 degrees Fahrenheit but less than 115 degrees Fahrenheit for less than 3 hours per day, or nighttime lows above 80 degrees Fahrenheit for 2 consecutive days.
The city of Aurora, Illinois wants to make sure that their residents are cool during hot temperatures and also warm during cold temperatures. The following 9 locations are available as cooling and warming centers.
Santori Public Library, Aurora Public Library-Eola, Aurora Public Library-West, Eola Comunity Center (Monday - Saturday), Eola Community Center, Hesed House, Salvation Army, Senior Services Center, and Vaughan Athletic Center (Monday - Sunday). For further information visit or contact City of Aurora Emergency Management Department.
Please remember, in extreme heat and cold, residents should look after their neighbors; especially the elderly or those who may need assistance. Additionally, don't forget about your pets.
Stay cool and stay safe from SERVPRO of Aurora, Illinois.
Small Leaks, Big Problems
Even the smallest of water leaks can cause a considerable amount of damage to your property. If left untreated, a leak can cause damage to your walls, flooring, ceiling, and cabinets and eventually lead to mold problems. Mold has the ability to grow within 48 hours. Those small leaks can also turn into a burst pipe, which then becomes a flood with major damage and costly repairs. A musty smell is also a sign of a possible water damage even if there are no visible water marks at that time.
The key is to keep an eye out for potential leaks by checking areas of your home where these leaks may occur.
- Walls and ceilings - looking for water marks.
- Warping or discoloration of flooring.
- Water valves under cabinets - look for puddles or water or stains on inside cabinet floor or walls.
- Showers with loose tiles - the walls could be damp behind the tiles.
- Toilets - around the base or by the water valve.
- Washer hoses - check for cracks and that the hose is secured properly.
- Dishwasher and refrigerator water lines.
- Outdoor water spigots.
A musty smell is also a sign of a possible water damage even if there are no visible water marks at that time.
"A musty smell is also a sign of a possible water damage even if there are no visible water marks at that time.
SERVPRO of Aurora, Illinois has trained IICRC (Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification) technicians to help you evaluate the situation, perform the mitigation, and a construction crew to do the rebuild if needed. We can make it "Like it never even happened." Call 630-862-3930.
"An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure!"
For Mold Removal Call SERVPRO of Aurora, Illinois
When there's a water damage, mold can quickly become a problem in your home or business. SERVPRO of Aurora, Illinois professionals have the training, protective gear, and specialized equipment to handle your mold problem. The following steps illustrate a "typical mold removal process.
- Inspection and damage assessment - your property will be inspected with technology designed to detect mold and hidden water sources.
- Mold containment - Containment procedures will be placed to prevent the spread of mold and isolate the contaminated area with physical barriers and negative air pressure.
- Air filtration - Specialized filtration equipment such as air scrubbers and HEPA vacuums capture mold spores out of the air.
- Removing mold and Mold infested materials - Antifungal and antimicrobial treatments will be used to eliminate mold colonies and prevent new ones from forming.
- Cleaning contents and belongings - A variety of cleaning techniques are used to clean and sanitize your belongings and deodorization may be needed to remove odors.
- Restoration - Depending on the level of mold damage; drywall, subfloors, and other building materials may have to be removed and replaced.
To assure your mold problem will be resolved the best way possible, Call SERVPRO of Aurora, Illinois at 630-862-3930.
StormReady not Storm Proof
The city of Aurora was one of the first municipalities in Illinois awarded the "StormReady" designation. The top goal of StormReady is to prepare communities with an action plan that responds to the threat of all types of severe weather from tornadoes to winter emergencies.
Once a community meets preparedness criteria, outlined by the partnership between the National Weather Service and state and local emergency managers, it is considered "StormReady," StormReady communities are better prepared to save lives from the onslaught of severe weather through better planning, education, and awareness.
StormReady does not mean storm proof. You must always have a plan and be prepared before dangerous weather arrives. Visit the StormReady website for information on how to be prepared and remember, SERVPRO of Aurora, Illinois is always available to help you with your cleanup and restoration needs, 630-862-3930.
Legal or Not, Fireworks are Risky!
Each 4th of July, thousands of people, most often children and teens, are injured while using consumer fireworks which includes sparklers and firecrackers.
Sparklers burn hot enough to cause third degree burns. Sparklers account for roughly one quarter of the emergency room firework injuries.
Fireworks start an average of 18,500 fires per year, including 1,300 structure fires, 300 vehicle fires, and 16,900 outside and other fires. These fires caused an average of three deaths, 40 civilian injuries and an average of $43 million in direct property damage as per the NFPA's Research, Data & Analytics Division.
Be careful and be safe by not using consumer fireworks. If you want to see fireworks, go to a public show put on by experts in your town and keep a close eye on children at events where fireworks are being used.
Let's keep the spark in our patriotism and not on our homes, friends and family members.
Have a happy and safe 4th of July!!!!!
SERVPRO of Aurora, Illinois